Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"It is possible we do not yet understand the true pathology of homesickness...
Have wood, field, rock, and stream vested in us something of theirs? -E.M.Thomas

Head-sick, Heart-sick, Home-sick
days sliding by with the orbs across the sky
closed eyes
I open my mouth to speak and the words stick.
Woods-sick, through these walls the forest calls
& and I can find no rest
in my mind from the siren music
mantra haunting dryad's song
as I struggle to find the difference
between myself and stone
so far from home
in my dreams my heart has flown
to the places of the wild
pathways of the child
reaching roots deep into sweet earth
circling rebirth on wings of light
golden flight ignites heart fire
ascension with both feet on the ground
song of my heart resounds
through this land
don't want to wake from this bliss
gentle kiss of dreamscape
lovers tryst arrayed in green
curve of stream, wonder dream
transcendent state of being
crazy things I've wished wash over me
& flow away, blow away,
leaves in the wind
lost friends
on the this winding road with no end
dawn & we begin again, alone.
Head-sick, Heart-sick, Home-sick
broken dreams subvert this perfect Universe
convert beyond religion
to converse with the stars
echoing eternal inferno.

Laura B~2007